Most of our skin concerns can be traced back to any or all of four main culprits: age, genetics, sun exposure, and medical conditions. While we can’t stop all of them, we can manage and treat the effects they have on our skin – wrinkles, redness, pigmentation, uneven tone or texture, and scarring. Aging in particular has a number of effects on the skin that can cause us to feel self-conscious, shy away from photos, or create a disconnect between how we look and how we feel inside.
Dr. Ellen Gendler, a board-certified dermatologist, offers a range of skin rejuvenation treatments at her office in Manhattan. As a leading authority in cosmetic dermatology, she offers personalized and effective treatments for patients to help them achieve their best look.
What is skin rejuvenation?
The highly customizable nature of skin rejuvenation treatments, or a combination of treatments, allow them to address a range of common skin concerns, including:
- Redness or rosacea
- Pigmentation and sunspots
- Uneven skin tone or texture
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne and acne scarring
Treatments for skin rejuvenation
Depending on your goals, skin, and medical history, a number of skin rejuvenation treatments are offered by Dr. Gendler alongside other cosmetic dermatology treatments. At your consultation, Dr. Gendler will perform a detailed assessment of your skin, and discuss your concerns, goals, and expectations with you. Based on this, she will create a personalized treatment plan, and recommend which treatment or treatment will best help you achieve your goals. These treatments may include:
- IPL – intense pulsed light therapy treats redness, uneven tone and texture, and pigmentation issues by targeting red blood vessels beneath the skin to break down damaged tissue and some types of hyperpigmentation.
- Fraxel Dual or Clear+Brilliant are laser therapies that can address many forms of aging, such as fine lines and uneven skin tone or texture. Depending on the degree of correction needed, one or the other might be a better choice for you.
- Chemical peels, which involve a chemical treatment that peels the old, damaged top layer of skin away to reveal the fresh, new skin underneath.
- HydraFacial – a revolutionary new 3-in-1 facial treatment that cleanses, extracts, and hydrates.We love this for blackheads and enlarged pores.
- Microneedling with RF energy or PRP – radiofrequency energy produces a warming response that further enhances collagen production, and platelet-rich plasma is extracted from your own blood to stimulate skin rejuvenation and reduce swelling and redness after microneedling
- Sclerotherapy for spider veins involves injections of one or several types of solutions directly into the small, visible blood vessels on the legs to seal them and make your legs clear for your bike shorts.
The ideal candidate for skin rejuvenation
Practically anyone can receive treatments to help refresh and revitalize their skin. If you have concerns about the appearance of your skin, you may benefit from Dr. Gendler’s skin rejuvenation treatments.
However, some medications, such as isotretinoin, can interfere with treatments, and as a result, patients will be advised of the procedures they can and cannot have while taking these medications.
Additionally, depending on your medical history, complexion, or other factors (such as pregnancy or breastfeeding), not all of the above treatments will be effective or recommended.
Personalized care with Dr. Gendler
Every person’s skin is unique to them, as are their skin improvement goals. Dr. Gendler takes a personalized and hands-on approach with all of her patients, to ensure that they not only receive the best experience possible, but they are able to achieve or work towards their goals in achieving their dream look. As part of your consultation, Dr. Gendler will develop a personalized treatment plan for you, which includes your recommended treatments, as well as recommendations on products to use at home that will elevate your skincare routine and enhance the effectiveness of your treatments.
What to expect from skin rejuvenation treatments
Your downtime and recovery depend on which treatments you have, and how many of them. Many will have little to no downtime, though some may require you to rest or refrain from certain medications or activities. After each treatment, you will receive thorough instructions on how to best take care of yourself and your skin, via your personalized treatment plan and discussion with Dr. Gendler.
Book your skin rejuvenation treatment in NYC today
Dr. Gendler will help you achieve your skin and cosmetic goals with safe, effective, top-of-the-line treatments via your personalized treatment plan. You’ll leave her New York office looking and feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
For more information about skin rejuvenation treatments in New York City, contact Gendler Dermatology today at (212) 288-8222 to schedule a consultation.
Which treatments do I need?
The treatments you need will depend on your specific skin concerns, as well as your medical history, complexion, and goals. Dr. Gendler draws on her experience and knowledge to recommend the most effective treatments for her patients.
How can I help my skin at home?
Dr. Gendler recommends products to be used at home as part of her personalized treatment plans, as well as which kind of routine you should be following for your specific skin type. No matter the case, it is important to regularly apply moisturizer and SPF sunblocks to help keep skin hydrated and protected.
How much do skin rejuvenation treatments cost in New York?
Costs depend on which treatments are applied and can vary by treatment length and intensiveness. Please get in touch with any payment or pricing questions.
Are skin rejuvenation treatments painful?
Due to the non-invasive nature of our skin rejuvenation treatments, many are virtually painless. If discomfort is expected, Dr. Gendler takes preventative measures, such as the application of numbing cream.
Book An Appointment
Make your skin a priority with our leading Upper East Side Medical and Cosmetic Board-Certified Dermatologists. We often see patients from nearby zip codes 10028, 10021, 10128, 10029, as well as other parts of New York City.Book Now